In Streaming here
Kua Harn Wei (National University of Singapore), Khondokar M. Nahiduzzaman (King Fahd University
of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia), Gladman Thondhlana (Rhodes University, South Africa),
Juan Pablo Rodríguez (Universidad de Los Andes, Colombia), Tineke M. Egyedi (TU DELFT University,
The Netherlands) and Thom Henfrey (Schumacher Institute, UK)
Chair: Lorenzo Chelleri (GSSI CITIES)
This webinar is intended to serve as the launching event of the International Network OURS CITIES. Involving six partner institutions spred over 4 continents, this network aims at discussing and shedding light on emerging concerns about urban resilience frameworks and indicators, highlighting the sometimes unaccounted key role of bottom-up initiatives in building more resilient and sustainable cities. The very recent assumption of resilience not to be normatively considered as a positive concept placed emphasis on the academic discussion around whether resilience should be informed by sustainability principles and practices. By suggesting the approach of Users - Driven Resilience, OURS CITIES launches an academic international debate on how urban resilience should be handled and reframed in order to i) consider whether the design of city resilience strategies are in line within sustainability objectives ii) determine how bottom-up initiatives contribute in building resilience toward sustainability and iii) measure and assess such social values and capacities within urban resilience frameworks.
2 pm, Welcome at the GSSI CITIES
2.15 to 2.35pm, Introducing OURS Cities Network: the challenges to frame User-Driven Resilience, Dr. Lorenzo Chelleri (GSSI CITIES, Italy)
2.35 to 3.05 pm, OURS Resource Consumption: the role of Changing Agents
- 2.35 – 2.50 pm Concept and Singapore Study case by Dr. Harn Wei (National University of Singapore)
- 2.50 – 3.00 pm, South Africa study case Dr. Gladman Thondhlana (Rhodes University, South Africa)
- 3.00 – 3.10 pm, Saudi Arabia study case by Dr. Khondokar M. Nahiduzzaman Nahid (King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, Saudi Arabia)
3.20 to 3.35 pm OURS Green Buffers: the role of decentralized green infrastructures by Dr. Juan Pablo Rodríguez (Universidad de Los Andes, Colombia)
3.35 to 3.55 BringingOURS Cities research forward
- 3.35 – 3.45 pm, Introducing emerging inverse infrastructure, by Prof. Tineke M. Egyedi (TU DELFT, The Netherlands)
- 3.45 – 3.55 pm, Framing Transition Movement within Urban Resilience: from personal resilience to communities’ transition, by Tom Henfrey (Schumacher Institute, UK).
4.00 pm Final remarks, by Dr. Lorenzo Chelleri.
Attendance of the webinar is free and open. It can be followed in person at GSSI CITIES in the Main Conference Hall, Viale Francesco Crispi n7, L’Aquila, Italy, or online at http://streaming.gssi.infn.it